What is TightVNC?
TightVNC is a free remote control software package. With TightVNC, you can see the desktop of a remote machine and control it with your local mouse and keyboard, just like you
would do it sitting in the front of that computer. TightVNC is:
- free for both personal and commercial usage, with full source code available,
- useful in administration, tech support, education, and for many other purposes,
- cross-platform, available for Windows and Unix, with Java client included,
- compatible with standard VNC software, conforming to RFB protocol specifications.
With TightVNC, you can:
- cut your expenses and save your time on traveling,
- help your friends and family to solve problems with their computers remotely,
- make sure nothing wrong is happening on your computers when you are away.
More free downloads from TightVNC Group:
December 20, 2012 – TightVNC version 2.6.4 is available
Today we have released TightVNC 2.6.4, to give everyone on the planet a chance to try our
latest and greatest release before the suggested “end of the world”. New version
includes updated built-in Java Viewer (version 2.6.2) and fixes a number of minor problems
discovered in version 2.6. Go download it now!
October 31, 2012 – TightVNC version 2.6 released
TightVNC 2.6 has been released. New version introduces major performance improvements in
TightVNC Viewer for Windows, new features in the built-in Java Viewer, and a host of bugfixes
in all components. Make sure to read the complete
September 25, 2012 – Announcing TightVNC Java Viewer version 2.6
We are happy to introduce new version of TightVNC Java Viewer. It adds two major
features. Make sure to read the complete
August 20, 2012 – Documentation on TightVNC MSI installer
New document explains silent installation of TightVNC 2.5.2 for Windows, and provides a
comprehensive reference on all TightVNC-specific MSI properties.
Download it now! [PDF format]
All news and announcements